Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas - I'm tired.

Wow! Seems like I've completely neglected to post. The past couple of months have been filled with crafty present-making, and I'm exhausted! I finally finished my watermelon-colored shrug, but unfortunately misplaced my camera, so will put up a pic later.

My sister owns a merino wool scarf I made a while back, and she's been commenting that it just isn't as soft as cotton. To make her a new scarf, I've ordered Shine Worsted from Knitpicks. Wonder how it will knit up. In the past, I've had a lot of problems knitting cotton yarns. Somehow they don't slide on the needle very well; it's quite a struggle.

I recently bought a Clover Flower Asian Knot Template, which is used to make this:

Considered using this knot to loop over buttons, or maybe as a charm of some sort? I've had a small fascination with Chinese knotting since seeing this book by Lydia Chen. In fact, over the years, I've checked it out from the library so many times I might as well have bought it.

After sampling a slice of Grand Marnier infused fruit cake (a bit early in the day perhaps), I will now return to my last-minute gift wrapping. Merry whatever holiday to all...